BEN URI'S PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
Your name, contact details and email address is kept securely and is never shared with or sold to any third party. Should you pay by card for any goods or services via our website the transaction is through Paypal and if at the gallery through our shop card machine your card records are not kept or stored for future use.
By contacting Ben Uri or signing in at the gallery you are agreeing to our saving your contact details to add to our newsletter emails which are sent out to keep you informed of our events and openings.
This information covers how we collect information about you and what we do with this information. You can also find information about the cookies we use.
1. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER UK AND EU DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
The Board of Ben Uri are the data controllers of your information under the Data Protection Act 1998. All Ben Uri staff and representatives must be aware and comply with the Data Protection Act 1988 and/or guidance from the Information Commission when they collect or handle data about an individual.
2. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
We sometimes need to collect personal information about you:
- If you correspond with us, either by email or by another form of communication, your message may include your name, address, email address and telephone number, as well as other personal information.
Please see the other link for more information about cookies on this website.
3. HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA/INFORMATION
We may use the information about you for the following purposes:
- To inform and to update you about our work at Ben Uri through our newsletter. The legal basis is consent under Article 6(1)(a). If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter, please see below.
- To respond to your enquiry. The legal basis is consent under Article 6(1)(a).
4. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Organisations that help us process donations
- Organisations that help us develop and maintain our website and mailing lists
- Government bodies such as HMRC
- And where we are required by law to disclose
5. OPTING OUT OF OUR MAILING LIST
Every newsletter update contains an unsubscribe link in the footer. By unsubscribing, this automatically takes you off the list and you will not be emailed again by Ben Uri.
6. STORING AND PROTECTING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Ben Uri will ensure that we store all personal data in a secure and safe manner and that all Ben Uri staff, contractors and representatives will be responsible for ensuring the safety of all data.
6.1 We will ensure that all manual files and databases will be kept up-to-date and will have an agreed archiving policy. We will check and keep regular maintenance of this data and discard data when necessary.
6.2 We will ensure that employees and representatives protect individuals' data from accidental disclosure and that they know they have a legal duty to ensure they do not:
6.2.1 give passwords to other people, who will then have access to the data
6.2.2 recycle reports that contain personal data
6.2.3 leave data in a public place or that is easily accessed by unauthorised personnel, for example left about on laptops or in files either in or out of the office, where they can be accessed.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal data we may hold on you, and you have the right to require inaccurate personal data to be corrected. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted and the right to restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond within one month.
We will retain your personal information until we no longer need it as defined by our operational needs, or until you ask us to remove your details.
If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us.
Date created and modified
Document created: 4 July 2012
Date modified: 25 May 2021